Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Children



I was asked the other day how I came up with the names we have chosen for our children. Well its simple my dear Watson :) lol

First I'll share a small story. When Jeff and I were dating and had decided we were going to spend the rest of our lives together, I started thinking about our future children. Well Jeff name is Jeff David Brown III and I'm Lindsey Denise Brown. We have the same middle initial. So at that point I new our children would also have a D middle name just to keep the trend going. Then looking at it we are J..-...L we needed a K so back then I decided our first child would be a K and second child would be an M so we would be J,K,L,M haha I know I'm weird like that. Jeff had decided he didn't want to continue the family name because technically it stopped with him. thats a whole nother story. Basically he's Jeff David but his dad is Jeff Davis don't I'm not sure how that happened. So that brings us to our first child:


KOBE DILLION BROWN
4-26-06
When we got pregnant with Kobe I immediately started looking in my baby name book at names to name our child. We chose a boy's name and a girl's name because we didn't know what we were having yet. As I was flipping through the K's naming off names I liked, Jeff didn't like any of them. Finally I got to Kobe and he went hmm yeah maybe, so I wrote it down and I tell you that was the ONLY name he and I could agree on. There isn't any meaning behind his name at all, just that we both like it. I liked Dillion which is conventionally spelled Dillon. I know this because the birth certificate lady at the hospital called my room a few days after he was born to inform me that we had spelled his name wrong. Oh boy she better be glad Jeff answered the phone cause I was HOT! lol So this brings us to our second and last child:


KEATON DIXON BROWN

birthday unknown yet :)

With baby #2 I started looking through the baby name book again to find a first name. I had already decided back when I was in my first trimester, at my great uncle's funeral, that I would make the baby's middle name Dixon. This is a family name sort of. My grandmother's maiden name is Dixon. She was a HUGE inspiration to and is my guiding light. I also have a cousin named Michael Dixon and Michael was the only name I liked in the M's so I definitely could not name him exactly after my cousin. :) I'm sure he would have loved it though. So I was flipping through the K's and just fell in LOVE with Keaton again there's no meaning behind it, its just Keaton but the Dixon is a huge part of my life! and I'm proud to carry on that name for my family.

So that is where my children received their names, nothing special but are everything to me :)

1 comment: