Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

weight loss updates

So I went to the doctor today for my 6 week weight in. Its been 6 weeks since I committed to him that I was going to lose weight. I have lost 10 pounds since I saw him last and he was excited to see that I'm losing weight at that rate. He said any faster and he'd fear that I would put it back on. When I saw him last we tested my blood sugars because after I had my oldest, Kobe, I became insulin resistant. Basically my body wouldn't absorb the insulin I produced so it would produce extra. Another words I was border line diabetic. But when he tested it 6 weeks ago he said it was on the low end. Well when I go running towards the end of my run I notice I start feeling REALLY weird. I described to him the way I feel and he said my sugars are dropping TOO low so therefore he's taking me off my sugar medications!! I'm so pumped! Whats funny about the weight though I weighted myself before I got dressed this morning and I was at 308 and then got dressed and it went up to 313! 5 pounds of clothes really?!? But he agreed that's normal lol. So I'm saying I'm at 308 so that makes me down 41 pounds since I had Keaton 12 weeks ago.

So the training for the 5k has been going really well, I train every other day. I'm supposed to rest the off days or do a different work out and let me tell you I'm so dang sore for the running that I don't want to do anything else. HAHA I was supposed to go run last night but it was SO hot and SO humid I didn't go. Not to mention there wasn't a breath of air out there! So the dr was excited to hear I'm training for a 5k, he also runs and asked me when my first race was going to be. I told him I'm targeting for Sept 18th at the Enid Land Run. He said awesome I'll be there too! I'm like YIKES! I'm scared I won't be able to do it this is something so HUGE for me, something I've NEVER even thought about doing. Heck growing up running was a joke! So I really need to just get all negative thoughts out and keep telling myself i can do it cause I don't want to convince myself I can't, cause I really want to be able to. But thats enough for today I guess. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week!


1 comment:

  1. Lookin good! Mom and I were talking about how good your looking!

    ReplyDelete