Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thunderstorms

So it has been a bit rocky here in Oklahoma the past few weeks, storms popping up every few days and just leaving destruction in their path! Monday May 10th they started firing up around 3 pm and I called my mom cause there was one headed for them in Medford. She was at work and they don't have tv there. So she informed me that they were watching it on the radar and it looks like its going to miss them. I said mom go home! Sure enough it spawned a very impressive tornado just west of them. My mom told me that they could see it out the back door! Then they headed to the cellar. Thankfully it turned more north and nearly missed them. I can't say the same for some friends property. One friends parents house lost a new barn they had JUST BUILT its now in the field across the road. Another friend completely lost EVERYTHING! Their house was in the path, we went out and saw the distructiont his past weekend, I wish I'd taken my camera. There was metal and debri everywhere in the wheat fields. I hate to be the one cutting those fields this summer. Also my family has some land out there close to where my friend lived and they lost a barn in the tornado! It was just breath taking seeing all the damage done by this tornado. Last night was another outbreak of storms and we were spared again everything went just south of us but I got some amazing pictures of the clouds! I hope for people and their properties this ends soon. I love watching it and would love even more to chase them but I can't :( so I just settle for getting pictures of the pretty clouds.





No comments:

Post a Comment